After living in New Zealand for about 3 weeks, I decided that blogging is something I wanted to start doing. This post might be kind of boring since it’s all the introductory fluff, but I feel that it is proper when starting a blog (but what do I know). I will be talking about a slice of who I am and why I am abroad. I guess I will start my introduction with the basics!
My name is Jessica Moffitt and I am currently a student teacher from the United States traveling abroad to New Zealand! My degree program offered a wonderful opportunity for me to fulfill a degree requirement, which is to do a split student teaching placement. Of course I had to snatch the chance and as I am sitting here, I don’t regret it one bit. I am having the experience of a lifetime! I had to pick between my top 2 choices: Australia or New Zealand. It was tough, but I did decide to go with New Zealand (not that I wouldn’t want to visit Australia! I will definitely go there during my lifetime!).
I decided to go to New Zealand for several reasons:
1. Reading Recovery was founded in New Zealand and I wanted to be in a place where a significant program was established.
2. Word of mouth: I’ve heard that New Zealand is absolutely breathtaking! As someone who especially travels for sightseeing, what I heard really appealed to me.
3. Hobbit…need I say more?
4. People generally speak English in New Zealand so it wouldn’t be much of a language barrier for me compared to if I decided to go somewhere where English wasn’t a prominent language.
I have been to some other countries and all over the U.S. but I anticipate going to other places.
Countries I’ve been to:
I will break down my travels in a list form so it’s easier on the eyes:
1. Visit every state in the United States
2. Travel all of Southeast Asia and India
4. Go to tropical islands such as Hawaii, Bahamas, Fiji, etc.
I would say these goals are totally attainable! Might take a while, but it’s a start! Of course I will be adding to this list as time goes on, but these travel goals are what I’m most interested in, having a twenty-something wanderlust mindset. Anyway, this is a little introduction of how I got here and who I am. I will be posting more about my time here in beautiful New Zealand. After all, I have three weeks worth of things to talk about! That’s all for now. Or as they say in New Zealand: